To join our ER team, you must be an experienced and qualified Emergency Room Nurse or Critical Care Nurse whose knowledge base and skill set include:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Two years of related clinical Emergency experience in the past five years.
- Current BCLS and Critical Care certification.
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification.
- Certification in delegated controlled acts, including defibrillation, dispensing medication and application of energy.
- ACLS, PALS and TNCC certification preferred.
- Emergency Nursing certification (CNA) preferred.
- Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale training preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IV Therapy Initiation, phlebotomy, cardiac monitoring and interpretation, and care of ventilated patients / clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in physical assessment (Physical Assessment Course preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to develop an integrated plan of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Current knowledge of emergency nursing standards in accordance with the National Emergency Nurses Affiliation (NENA).
- Ability to integrate reflection, critical thinking, education and relevant practical experience in problem-solving.
Discover an innovative team environment and great quality of life – in Niagara
This is an opportunity to be part of a changing, evolving environment while promoting nursing excellence, quality patient-centred care and high professional standards. With six hospitals and an ambulatory care centre, new regional cardiac and cancer programs, and a new Health-Care Complex nearing completion, we are the major provider of acute care in Niagara.
To join Niagara Health is to spend more time enjoying life than commuting. Nestled between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, and best recognized for its tourist attractions, the area also offers great geographical advantages. Our hospital sites are located in thriving communities, where affordable housing, an abundance of recreational and cultural activities, and a variety of settings make both family and single living a rewarding, enriching experience.
For more information on nursing at Niagara Health, visit www.niagarahealth.on.ca. Apply online or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter @nhscareers