Skip to Content | Skip to Sub-Navigation | Default View
Search or browse for current employment opportunities with Niagara Health System.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department.
Working to promote nursing excellence, quality patient/client-centered care and high professional standards, the Registered Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, nursing diagnosis, integrated care plan development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. The objective of the Registered Nurse is to provide safe and competent care through the application of nursing knowledge, the technical aspects of professional practice and the demonstration of compassion, professionalism and respect.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Two years related clinical experience in the past five years in a medical environment.
• Current BCLS certification.
• Performs to the full scope of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in physical assessment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in IV Therapy Initiation and use of IV pumps.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill with CVADs, CADD pumps, VAC therapy and enteral feeds.
• Demonstrated ability to develop an integrated plan of care.
• Applies NHS values and professional practice standards to patient/client care and service.
• Demonstrated commitment to patient/client centred care.
• Applies leadership skills by providing, facilitating and promoting quality patient care.
• Demonstrated ability to perform effectively as most responsible nurse in a total patient care model.
• Demonstrated commitment to patient and family education and the ability to promote health and wellness.
• Evidence of accurate, timely and appropriate documentation according to best practice guidelines and CNO standards.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate patient discharges.
• Applies knowledge, skills, judgment and competencies required for safe practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Integrates reflection, critical thinking, education and relevant practical experience in problem solving.
• Consistent and regular attendance required.
Together in Excellence - Leaders in Health Care