To join our team, you must be an Registered Nurse whose knowledge base and skill set include:
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Two years related clinical experience in the past five years in a medical environment.
· Current BCLS certification.
· Performs to the full scope of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in physical assessment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in IV Therapy Initiation and use of IV pumps.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill with CVADs, CADD pumps, VAC therapy and enteral feeds.
· Demonstrated ability to develop an integrated plan of care.
· Applies NHS values and professional practice standards to patient/client care and service.
· Demonstrated commitment to patient/client centred care.
· Applies leadership skills by providing, facilitating and promoting quality patient care.
· Demonstrated ability to perform effectively as most responsible nurse in a total patient care model.
· Demonstrated commitment to patient and family education and the ability to promote health and wellness.
· Evidence of accurate, timely and appropriate documentation according to best practice guidelines and CNO standards.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate patient discharges.
· Applies knowledge, skills, judgment and competencies required for safe practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Integrates reflection, critical thinking, education and relevant practical experience in problem solving.
· Consistent and regular attendance required.
Discover an innovative team environment and great quality of life – in Niagara
This is an opportunity to be part of a changing, evolving environment while promoting nursing excellence, quality patient-centred care and high professional standards.
To join Niagara Health is to spend more time enjoying life than commuting. Nestled between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, and best recognized for its tourist attractions, the area also offers great geographical advantages. Our hospital sites are located in thriving communities, where affordable housing, an abundance of recreational and cultural activities, and a variety of settings make both family and single living a rewarding, enriching experience.
For more information on nursing at Niagara Health, visit www.niagarahealth.on.ca. Apply online or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter @nhscareers